Thursday, April 19, 2012

Interview 2

Q: Do you have COPD?

A: Yes

Q: How does your difficulty breathing affect your daily activities?

A: Yes. It is hard for me to move around.  I have a difficult time bending down and lifting heavier objects.

Q: Do you take medicine to help you breath during the day?

A: No

Q: How does your COPD affect your sleeping habits?

A: I can’t really really sleep through the night.  I wake up often.  I try to move around and go back to sleep, but I never stay asleep for long.

Q: How do you deal with these problems?

A: I use oxygen.  I also prop myself using cushions.  I don’t sleep sitting up completely because it is very uncomfortable.

Q: What treatments (if any) have doctors given you to help you sleep at night?

A: I use oxygen at night, but this isn’t very comfortable.  It gets in the way when I sleep.

Q: Do you feel like you feel well rested and like you get a good night’s sleep?

A: No...I only get 2-3 hours of sleep. Like I said, I get up and move around a lot at night to try to get myself to fall asleep comfortably.

Q: Do you feel like your sleeping habits negatively affect you during the daytime, and if so, how?

A: Yes.  I am tired so on top of my breathing, it is hard to move around and get my stuff done.

Q: What would you like to see in a night-time solution?

A: I can’t really come up with anything.  I use my oxygen, and I’m not sure what would be better.

1 comment:

  1. Useful post, as it explains what goes on to a person who suffer from COPD. stem cell for copd

    ReplyDelete